Saturday, February 2, 2013

Here we go....

So I've decided to (attempt to) enter the world of blogging. We shall see how this goes!  There are two main reasons I'm deciding to take on this new adventure. One, I selfishly want to have a place to keep memories of our ever exciting and busy life and, two, so our family and friends can keep up with everything we are up to. It's kind of like an ongoing Christmas letter about our family!

The first month of 2013 has been filled all sorts of monumental and exciting events!  First of all,  I started my new role as part time nurse practitioner at St. Jude. While I love my job very much, being a mom has been life changing and I feel so very blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home more with Taylor during the week. Now we just need to make sure I can stick to the budget with my part time salary!  It truely is the best of both worlds!

Matt finished his second to last part of training for Air Traffic Control! In mid January he successfully passed his fourth "pass or fire" test to complete "R" school.  Now he spends the next several months training "on the floor" working real traffic.  He is so excited to be training on the floor, he is giddy! He says not being the "man in charge" is like watching your older brother play Nintendo and not being able to hold the control. :) Now he gets to make all the decisions, direct the planes and talk to the pilots. (He does have trainers with him so no worries!)
Matt and I celebrated at Flight Restaurant!



Third, I have entered my thirties...yikes!  I must say it wasn't bad.  I basically ate my way through the day!  Taylor and I went to Starbucks for some coffee to start the day.  Then we picked up Memaw and met my mom for lunch at Panera. To end the day-o-eating, Matt and I had dinner together while his parents watched Taylor.  We also had a joint celebration with my sister, Ashley, who celebrated her 28th birthday the week before. She came in town with her husband and almost 4 month old, Ty.  We had a great time relaxing and spending time together. I'm so happy they are close but must admit I wish she was just down the street, especially now that we both have kids! Nonetheless I feel extremely blessed and can't wait to see what this new decade brings!

Finally Miss Taylor turned 9 months old! Oh my, where does the time go!?!?  This month has brought her first two teeth, learning how to crawl and many other fun experiences! More details later in a post dedicated just to her!



The Lord has certainly blessed our little family! I hope to use this blog to help me remember the big blessings and little blessings along the way as we journey through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment