Thursday, June 15, 2017

Lily Grace updates!

Y'all!! We got our update from Lily Grace's orphanage and we are just more in love every day!  She looks to be doing great!  We were able to send 10 questions to have answered as well as requesting photos and videos and we are pretty happy with the information we received.  Sometimes the questions aren't answered well and there are times when you may not receive videos but we got 3!  She is so dang cute!  I find myself doing the same things I did with Taylor and Madelyn when I was pregnant with them and they were born.  I remember looking at the expiration dates of the cheese when I was grocery shopping and getting excited when I started buying cheese that was at or past my due date.  I did the same thing once we had a pretty good idea of general travel time for Lily Grace and we are way past that mark!! ;)  The next step is looking for the expiration dates on the milk.  Am I the only crazy one that did/does that stuff?  Oh well. . . I also found myself counting her fingers and toes in all the pictures and commenting on her long feet and toes (my other girls had short chubby feet!).  She also looks like she might have some flat feet like her daddy!  Many of the things I did with Taylor and Madelyn, I am doing when we get new pictures of Lily Grace to soak up!



Also, some of the information is just something so sweet and we will cherish forever.  For instance, they said she loves to climb (yikes!) and seems to have no fear.  This sounds like her cousins!  They have not found anything that she is afraid of.  They also referred to her as an "active and naughty girl". . . I LOVE IT! Maybe not in high school but we have time to work on that! They also mentioned the name of her favorite friend which is just so amazing to know and be able to tell her as she grows up.  I'm pretty sure he is in one of the videos.  We were also happy to hear that she sleeps through the night. . . And all God's people said "Amen"!  Let's not let that Wallace child trend end!


We are so close to bringing her home and this new update just makes us more and more anxious to get to China and get our girl!  Our Article 5 pick up is scheduled for next Thursday and if all goes well with that, the only thing we will be waiting on is TRAVEL APPROVAL about a week or so later (fingers crossed).  Holy cow, we are close!  A little over a month away!



We are sending off her care package to her orphanage tomorrow.  We have included an outfit, a panda lovey, a beanie baby, a small toy, her photo album of her family, and a flash drive and camera with hopes to receive more pictures and videos of her first year.  There is no guarantee that the package will make it to her or that she will receive it so we have duplicates of most items.  We just want to start loving on our girl!


Lily Grace's care package!

Pray that the rest of the process continues to proceed smoothly.  Pray that Lily Grace stays safe until we can get to China and get her.  Pray for the precious nannies and caretakers who are filling in the gaps and caring for these sweet babies and children.  Pray for the many sweet families we have met along the way through this adoption process.  Some are just at the beginning, some are right where we are, some are about to meet their children, some have been home a short time and are in the trenches and some have been home for awhile but each of them hold such a special place in my heart!  Thank you for your love and support for our family!

1 comment:

  1. I love the update! She is so beautiful....I can't wait for the pictures of you all as a family!

    ReplyDelete